Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day everyone! I love Valentine's Day - and while it might be a completely useless holiday, any holiday that involves flowers and loads of candy is ok in my book:) Jeremy and I had a low-key, uneventful Valentine's Day this year. Last year's Valentine's Day we had a HORRIBLE experience at the restaurant where we ate dinner, and the year before that I may have had a little mishap with my car. And by a little mishap, I mean I drove my car into a pole. Yup, Jeremy and I had only been dating for a few weeks, and I was so excited to come into the city to go out to dinner with him, that apparently my excitement blinded me from seeing a large pole in his parking garage, because I smashed right into it. So instead of going out to a nice dinner, I ate take-out Chinese while he pounded on my car with a shoe tree (since he has no tools) to get it to a driveable position (I really am a good driver.....I swear I don't usually do things like that!).

So compared to the last two years, this Valentine's Day was very relaxing.....Jeremy had these waiting for me when I got home from work:



He also surprised me with a gift card to a spa that is out near our new house!



After our dinner on Broad Street we just came back to our apartment and reminisced about our times in the city. We're settling on our house in less than two weeks, so I only have about one more month of living in center city. I'm going to miss the city a lot, but I'm excited to have a house of our very own. So it was a great way to end the night, hanging out in my favorite spot of the apartment, looking out over this amazing city:



And just because I don't want to ever forget the views from our apartment, here are a few more I took this morning:







I hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

1 comments:

Sarah February 17, 2009 at 12:30 PM  

I don't know how I missed that Valentine's story about the parking garage pole incident! lol. Great pictures as always! :)

About This Blog

  © Blogger template 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP